Pages

Friday 9 November 2012

Review | Topshop Lipstick 'Beguiled'


Hello people!  It's friday, friday! Gotta get down on friday..
anyhoo
You may or may not know that Topshop brought out their own makeup range in 2010. They provide lipsticks, eyeshadow, highlighter, eyeliner, mascara, nail polish bronzer etc. 
I went into the Topshop on Briggate, in Leeds which is the third-largest Topshop in the UK! Fact of the day right there.

I've been eyeing up this lipstick for a while now so a few days ago I decided to just go in there and buy it.
I was torn between getting 'Beguiled' or 'Lips in Inhibition' because they both looked good but I didn't want to buy them both as I've never bought a Topshop lipstick . The woman at the makeup stand kindly put them both on for me and let me decide. 
'Beguiled' was the chosen one! I make it sound more serious than it is. 


It is a beautiful, creamy plum colour which I'm in love with! I personally prefer to wear these types of colours compared to bolder colours like red lipstick as I feel this looks more casual on me whereas red lipsticks  make me look like I'm trying too hard especially for college, does this make sense or is it just me?

The lipstick glides on easily, it doesn't dry out my lips and it's very buildable. The packaging of the lipstick is light and sturdy however it's cream so foundation on fingers could easily stain it. It clicks shut so I know that it's fully closed and it's not going to smear on other items in my bag. 

It's £8 which is quite pricey for a lipstick from the high street (I got 10% off and bought it for £7.20 as I had a student discount card) but I think it's worth it because it's better to buy one good quality 'expensive' (I realise that things can be expensive for one person and cheap for the other) lipstick rather than 4 bad quality lipsticks that I complain about every time I wear.



I love everything about this lipstick and I have a feeling I will be wearing it a lot this winter!
Have you tried any of the Topshop lipsticks?

Have a fantastic weekend.
&
Thanks for reading!
Tosin xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!