Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

My Natural Hair.

GOOD DAY MATE.
(Going for an Australasian accent today yana) 
Did you know you can't say "good eye might" without sounding Australian?

Gonna write about my natural hurr now :) 
Going natural means that I don't relax my hair anymore, I just let it grow. Naturally. Pardon the pun ;)
I cut my hair on the 11th of February 2012, and when it was cut by the person who does my hair, I didn't intend on going natural, my hair was just an eyesore;it was long as the back, short in the middle, long at the front, short at the sides and I was just like is this life?  and it was time to say ba-bye to my Rapunzel locks. A bit of an exaggeration  
During the period of having my extensions in, my sister was obsessed with being natural, people who were natural and she would point out every natural person we saw therefore she said suggested I should go natural and I did so. :)


Now it's July 2nd 2012 so i've been natural for almost 5 months now and this is what my hair looks like! 
Honestly when I first got my hair cut, I didn't like it. It was too short for me to handle. The good thing about being natural is that you can still put your hair in braids or a closed weave(if you leave your natural hair out and add too much heat to it, it could be damaged) so when it's full and long and flowing, people are like WOW.*if they don't say that, make 'em*


Natural hair does need a lot of TLC. It needs to be looked after well because there's no point being natural if it's not but it's definitely worth it!
I'm learning myself about being natural. There are a lot of very good youtube videos about how to style, take care of and wash natural hair. 
I'm getting my hair done today, in a style of long braids, by the time I take it out I'll be 6 months natural!
Thanks for reading!
Tosin xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!