Pages

Thursday 13 December 2012

Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation





I have been using this foundation since July so I thought I'd do a review on it now.
The foundation itself is £19.50 but I had to buy a pump for £3.00. 

The staff at the Mac counter were friendly and asked me what I wanted once I got there. On the first day I went, I told the lady I wanted Studio Fix Fluid  and I wanted to know what my shade was. After applying it to my face she said I was in shade NW55, however that didn't look right to me. It looked a little ashy & I just didn't like the look of it hence why I decided to go again just to see if I'd get the same shade. I didn't...

The second time, another lady said I was in NC50 but this shade didn't look right either, it was extremely light and made my lips look really dark, like my head had been put on some body else's neck as the colour was so different. It was horrendous.

The third time a different lady said I was in a shade NW50 which is what I got in the end as I was finally happy with it. It seems really bizzare that my shade was 'different' each time I went, however I had to make sure it was right because £22.50 is not money that I want to be wasting!



On the pump itself, there is a 'lock' on the lid so that when it's in your bag, you don't accidentally press on the lid and get foundation everywhere. When I want to use the foundation, I press and twist the lid and it unlocks. 


There is also a lid for the pump so even after locking it, there is a lid to pop on top just to cover up the little hole at the top of the pump where the foundation comes out of.

I'd say it provides a medium to heavy medium coverage.
When I first started using it, I always felt like there was a layer of foundation on my skin like it was on top of my face but not blended in, if that makes any sense? I don't know if this is because I'd just started wearing foundation properly so I wasn't really used to it.

Now, I am more used to it and I don't feel like anything is on my face really. I do use 1 or a maximum of 2 pumps because I think a little goes a long way with this foundation and I'm not really feeling the cakey look.
The smell is not very appealing at all but I got over it, once it's on my face I can't smell it any more so it's not an issue for me.

I do use a powder on top to set it as my face gets oily during the day.

Once this is finished, I want to try out another foundation because I don't think this is the best foundation for me and I don't really have much else to compare it to. 

Ooh I also want to get Mac Mineralise Skin Finish as everyone say it's worth the hype!

Thanks for reading!
Tosin xo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!